Pages

Sunday 23 September 2012

Dahlia Winter

This morning I was greeted by the sun as I looked out my window. The sun is deceptive. I got ready to go for a walk, even grabbed my sunglasses, stepped out the door and it hit me. That strange smell of winter was hanging in the freezing cold air and my day was ruined. I hate winter, with an ab-so-lute passion. I hate the way there are no leaves or flowers, I hate that it's dark all of the time, but most of all I hate that I only seem to buy summer dresses all year round.

I am a pretty cold person, but I really don't seem to help myself with choice I make when it comes to clothing. I think because I want it to be summer all year round I dress like it's going to be. I find layering hard, and I'm on a seemingly never-ending quest for the perfect cardigan - it's been 3 years. I wish I could pull off Alexa Chung's chunky sweaters over dresses and blouses but I just end up looking about ten sizes bigger than I am. That's probably why I'm so drawn to Dahlia's new collection.

Beautiful floral patterns, embellished collars and lots of scalloped edges all come together to create a perfect collection reminisent of the summer, but in colours that definitely say winter - there are even some longer sleeves creeping into their designs, and those without are styled with a light weight blouse beneath - now why didn't I think of that?




No comments:

Post a Comment